Re: Detecting a running process in Elisp

From: Pascal J. Bourguignon
Subject: Re: Detecting a running process in Elisp
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 18:58:15 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

>> Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 08:26:25 -0700 (PDT)
>> From: gentsquash@gmail.com
>>
>> I have a process "ScidvsMac" which I'd like to detect in
>> Elisp.  I'm currently using
>>
>>     (search "ScidvsMac" (shell-command-to-string "ps -A"))
>>
>> but is there something cleaner?
>
> There's list-system-processes to list all of the processes, and
> process-attributes to examine their attributes, including name,
> command line, etc.

And what is the function to lock the system so that the list of PIDs
returned by list-system-processes is consistent with the actual
processes in the system when you call process-attributes on them?

You know you've been lisping too long when you see a recent picture of George
Lucas and think "Wait, I thought John McCarthy was dead!" -- Dalek_Baldwin