font faces across a copy and paste

From: Luca Ferrari
Subject: font faces across a copy and paste
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2013 08:30:12 +0200

Hi,
this is just a curiosity: I noted that if I'm editing a text buffer
and a code buffer, let's say C/Java, and I copy and paste the code
from the code buffer into the text one than the pasted text maintains
the faces (e.g., colors). I was thinking that faces were applied at a
buffer level, and therefore the code should become faced as a text
chunk, but apparently Emacs stores faces somewhere in memory related
to the text chunk itself. Is this correct? There is something I'm
missing?

Thanks,
Luca