Re: Emacs history, and "Is Emacs difficult to learn?"

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Emacs history, and "Is Emacs difficult to learn?"
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2013 02:49:36 +0200

phillip.lord@newcastle.ac.uk (Phillip Lord) writes:

>> What is R?
>
> A programming language designed for doing stats. It's a really,
> really bizarre language which messes your head up, but is
> perfect for stats.
>
> And, yes, there is an emacs package for it. Very good too!
>
> http://ess.r-project.org/

Cool! I like stats, like all boys, I was about to say. Probably
MATLAB draw some inspiration from R, in that case. And possibly
even from FORTRAN, the legacy "number crunching language" number
one. (Or so they say.)

--
Emanuel Berg - programmer (hire me! CV below)
computer projects: http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573