docview issues on windows: pdf and png files

From: Vinh Nguyen
Subject: docview issues on windows: pdf and png files
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2013 18:50:21 -0700

Hi,

I am having issues with rendering pdf files using doc view on windows.
I downloaded emacs 24.3 windows binaries, have ghostscript installed
via cygwin (M-! gs confirms gs works), and placed libpng dll (libxpm,
jpeg, etc) in my emacs/bin directory (and installed via the setup
installation file). I’ve also installed these libraries using cygwin.
When I open an actual png file (ghostscript converts pdf to png, so
testing this), the image also does not render. I get this message:
“Cannot display image: (Invalid image specification)”.

Would appreciate if anyone could guide me to getting this to work on
windows. Thanks so much!

-- Vinh