Re: elint warnings

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: elint warnings
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2013 10:42:52 -0400

> (when (require 'package)

I'm not very familiar with elint, but at least the byte compiler will
issue similar warnings because it only processes `require' statements
that are at the top-level rather than within a `when' or some other
such construct.  So maybe you want to do

   (require 'package)
   (when (featurep 'package)

instead.  Of course, after (require 'package) you actually know that
(featurep 'package) is true (otherwise it would have signaled an error
rather than returning).  So I assume you mean (require 'package nil t).

        Stefan