Re: Emacs history, and "Is Emacs difficult to learn?"

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Emacs history, and "Is Emacs difficult to learn?"
Date: Sat, 03 Aug 2013 12:55:05 +0200

drain <aeuster@gmail.com> writes:

> I prefer the minimalism of org-mode. LaTex clutters the buffer
> with code.  Secondly, I don't even like the output. I wish all
> books would be printed org-mode documents. Clean and
> pure. Org-mode should be the standard visual grammar.

Oh yeah? Do you have a PDF example of the result? (Or whatever
output file you get.) And the corresponding "source", although you
said there weren't any? That way, I could compare to my LaTeX
stuff, both source and result (.tex and .pdf). Perhaps you are
right. But from my experience with LaTeX, you can get just about
any result that you can find in a book shop or public library, at
the very least. So there isn't any "I don't even like the output"
- you can get whatever you like.

> The point is, Emacs should speak for itself.

Yes, and not just Emacs. I don't know how many times I've seen
people get stuck on the deliverer of a message, or the message's
form. I show them something, and they instantly scream "after the
title, there shouldn't be a dot!" (or period, full stop) - and
that guy thinks he is on top, because he is right, but I know that
he is also incapable of assessing information, and making a
distention of what matters and what doesn't.

--
Emanuel Berg - programmer (hire me! CV below)
computer projects: http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573