Re: Tried to bind Ctrl-c and to kill-ring-save (i.e. copy) and it *somet

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Tried to bind Ctrl-c and to kill-ring-save (i.e. copy) and it *sometimes* doesn't work with mouse!?!? Very confusing
Date: Mon, 05 Aug 2013 14:06:19 +0200

> Well, when I write "A is best", if it makes you feel better, you
> may read this as "I prefer A" or "I do it A". I don't see the
> difference, really.

Actually, I take that back. Preferring is when you either didn't
think beforehand, or you won't bother arguing why you did or said
something.

A chic on the catwalk might prefer green to black.

But when the autonomous left clashes with the police, they wear
black because it makes them look scary, and black is associated
with anarchy and piracy, and it is a practical enough color to
agree upon, and helpful, because in the post-riot trials, if they
all wore black, identification will be tedious (and sometimes
impossible).

So you see, they don't prefer black, or think black is the best
color for a riot, it is, and that's why they use it.

And the girl? Perhaps she actually thinks a green dress matches
her stunning eyes, and she hopes at least someone will notice, and
that this will bring her a moment of joy, and/or even advance her
career.

Dig deep, and there is no preferring.

People should never hesitate conveying their thoughts, and if
caught on the spot, they should as calm and clear as possible
explain why they thought so.

--
Emanuel Berg - programmer (hire me! CV below)
computer projects: http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573