Pointer to docs: Run emacs remotely - display on localhost

From: Harry Putnam
Subject: Pointer to docs: Run emacs remotely - display on localhost
Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2013 11:10:39 -0400

I once knew how to connect to an emacs-server running in X on a remote
host and have the display appear on the localhost host.  But I've
forgotten what little I knew about it.

Googling has produced a mass of different and mostly complicated stuff
that is a bit overwhelming to paw thru.

Can anyone briefly outline how that would be done in the following
case:

Both hosts are on a local home lan behind a firewall so security is
not a big concern.

Emacs-server running on remote Debian linux box under X.
Localhost is a openindiana Solaris box also running X.

So, the idea is to connect to the remote emacs server (debian host)
and have the display show up on localhost (solaris host)

In both cases the emacs installed is 24-3.

I do this all the time from a windows box using Xming tools but have
forgotten how to do it unix to linux.

A pointer to some good readable documentation would be really
appreciated too.