Re: What's an even easier explanation how to setup gnus ...

From: Thorsten Jolitz
Subject: Re: What's an even easier explanation how to setup gnus ...
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2013 17:41:51 +0200

>> ,-------------------------------------------------------------------
>> | Buy some Apple product, e.g. an iPad, and never ever touch Emacs nor Gnus.
>> `-------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Please do not promote proprietary software on gnu.* newsgroups.

I did not mean to promote proprietary software, I just reported some
empirical evidence from real life: I witnessed first hand how this
famous fancy proprietary hardware/software product was adapted by a
group of 70+ year old people that never had anything to do with
computers, and how it spread joy and excitement among them, how they
told all their friends and family members who all bought it too, and how
quick this flat fancy tablet made them part of the modern world of
communication and information. Thats REAL usability, proprietary or not.

On the other hand I remember pretty well how hard it was to learn Emacs
even for someone with years of Windows experience, and that configuring
Gnus has been a real challenge, so I find the idea of exposing innocent
grandparents to Emacs and Gnus quite funny. The OP's question most
likely was a test-run for 1st of April 2014 anyway, wasn't it?

--
cheers,
Thorsten