Re: configurable means hard? [was: ... easier explanation how to setup g

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: configurable means hard? [was: ... easier explanation how to setup gnus ...]
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2013 10:05:22 -0400

> Why can’t we rename windows to panes and frames to windows?

We can, but it's hard: Emacs is structured in such a way that the user
is exposed to the names used in the code.  So renaming windows to panes
means renaming functions and variables, which leads to backward
compatibility problems.

For the same reason, Emacs does not try to speak in your own language.

        Stefan