Re: Weirdness with Input Method/quail : how to figure out source of it?

From: Vladimir Lomov
Subject: Re: Weirdness with Input Method/quail : how to figure out source of it?
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2013 16:31:50 +0900

Hello,
** Alex Kost [2013-08-16 10:32:07 +0400]:

> Vladimir Lomov <lomov.vl@gmail.com> writes:

>> Does anyone know if there is a tool to automatically and interactively
>> type text in a window (frame in Emacs terminology) with specified speed?
>> I only tried xdotool but it 'type' very quickly (I already have idea to
>> use xdotool and sleep to control 'type' speed).

> As far as I understand, xdotool just sends KeyPress/KeyRelease with
> XSendEvent, and sleeping is the only reasonable way to slow down (i
> don't think there are such specific utilities).  But why do you want to
> do it?  I didn't get whether it's correlated with your Problem 1 (some
> kind of workaround maybe).

As I emphasized in first message the Problem 1 comes occasionally: I
could run fresh Emacs session without problem, but after some time I see
all these weird transformations (I had to say earlier that I run Emacs
daemon and use emacsclient to open a frame but I use such approach about
a month, the Problem is older and shows itself even when I run simple
'emacs').

I decided to do following: write a test script that would send to
Emacs frame a text and see what buffer has, i.e. (is there any problems with
it. Run this script several times (with different "type" speed) to find
out when the Problem always shows. Further steps depends on result of
this test.

This is very tiresome so I thought there should be some way to "see"
what happens in Emacs internals to figure out why punctuation symbols
are so "special".

---
WBR, Vladimir Lomov

--
Saint:  A dead sinner revised and edited.
-- Ambrose Bierce