Multi-language package for ELPA

From: Thomas Järvstrand
Subject: Multi-language package for ELPA
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2013 10:57:01 +0200

Hi!

I'm developing a package of Erlang development tools for Emacs that I would
like to make available through ELPA (https://github.com/tjarvstrand/edts).

The problem is that a lot of the features require one or more Erlang nodes
with custom code to be running in the background. This Erlang code
obviously has to be compiled as part of the package installation. Is there
any way to accomplish that?

If possible it would probably also be nice to be able to set as
prerequisite that an Erlang distribution is installed on the system
(asserting that there is an erl or erlc on the exec-path should enough).

Best regards
Thomas Järvstrand