Re: exec path

From: Rami A
Subject: Re: exec path
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2013 09:57:52 -0700 (PDT)

I am in the same boat.
I have exec-path including the bin directory I have my scripts in but then
doing:
M-x compile then echo $PATH I don't see that directory.
Trying to start any of the scripts by doing M-x compile then "script_name" will
prompt emacs to recognize the command.
I also tried adding to $PATH from my .emscs file but that did not work as well.
So this did not work:
(setenv "PATH" (concat (getenv "PATH") ":" (expand-file-name "~/mybin")))
(setq exec-path (append exec-path (list (expand-file-name "~/mybin")))

Any pointers?