Re: Is Emacs very alive, active and improving?

From: MBR
Subject: Re: Is Emacs very alive, active and improving?
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2013 21:32:50 -0400

C-h is the main entry point to Emacs' extensive documentation. When you type C-h, the minibuffer at the bottom says "C-h (Type ? for further options)". Typing ? produces an extensive list of help commands. Good places to start are:

   C-h t        start the Emacs tutorial
   C-h i        start the "info" documentation reader.  From here you
   can choose to read documentation on Emacs and about 50 other programs.

That's what is meant by self-documenting.

   Mark Rosenthal