Emacs suddenly not printing

From: ara
Subject: Emacs suddenly not printing
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2013 03:52:13 +0000 (UTC)

Suddenly, Emacs doesn't print, anything.

Opening messages are below, and Emacs says it has streamed
to the Default Printer, yet the printer icon of the Xfce
screen at top right doesn't come on.

Libre-Office Writer will print OK. Print icon on.
Other applications will print OK. Print icon on.

This may have happened when I installed TexLive recently.
I'm still having problems with TexLive, as I chose custom
directories to install to, rather than its defaults.

I have uninstalled Emacs and Org, rebooted, then
reinstalled both (Emacs via the Ubuntu Software Centre).
No change, identical symptoms.

Anyone have any suggestions for trouble-shooting this ?
Its almost solely a Ubuntu issue, except Emacs seems to
be the only thing not working.

Ubuntu 12.04LTS, studio version with Xfce desktop
GNU Emacs 23.3.1  with Org-mode 8.07
TeX, Version 3.1415926 (TeX Live 2009/Debian)

(source)...done
(source)...done
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
temp.txt has auto save data; consider M-x recover-this-file
Making completion list...
Send current buffer to default printer? (y or n)
Spooling...done