Re: Emacs suddenly not printing

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: Emacs suddenly not printing
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2013 10:06:51 +0200

Am 04.09.2013 um 05:52 schrieb ara:

> This may have happened when I installed TexLive recently.
> I'm still having problems with TexLive, as I chose custom
> directories to install to, rather than its defaults.

TeX Live does not fiddle with the printing sub-system. If it does, then it's a
feature of the Ubuntu packages that install TeX Live.

> Anyone have any suggestions for trouble-shooting this ?

You can stop the printer queue (with lpc, as superuser). This means that print
jobs are still queued in but not sent to the printer. This gives you the
opportunity to check what data is actually fed into the queue. Based on these
findings you can act.

> Its almost solely a Ubuntu issue, except Emacs seems to
> be the only thing not working.

Check the settings in GNU Emacs! Instead of ps-print commands you can use their
ps-spool variants! They open a *PostScript* buffer. You can check the
PostScript code and see whether Ghostscript can handle, i.e., display it or
convert it to PDF.

--
Greetings

  Pete

There are very few jobs that actually require a penis or vagina. All other jobs
should be open to everybody.
                                – Florynce Kennedy