Change .emacs directory in Ubuntu

From: kishore . r . 318
Subject: Change .emacs directory in Ubuntu
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2013 13:37:23 -0700 (PDT)

Currently my .emacs file is found in /home So is my .emacs.d folder and I
suppose some other files like diary, notes etc will be created in this folder.

I find this really messy and I want all my emacs related files(including the
.emacs) and folders in a single folder, say /home/EmacsHome

How do I do that in Ubuntu 12.04? In windows I did this by setting an
environment variable HOME to the path of EmacsHome. But, in Ubuntu, the HOME
variable will be used for several other programs as well, so I dont want to
change that.