POST successful when function not called interactively, fails silently w

From: Tim Visher
Subject: POST successful when function not called interactively, fails silently when it is?
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2013 23:42:02 -0400

Hi all,

I'm trying to add [the ability to create stories][] to the [pivotal-tracker
project][].

I've got everything just about working except for one strange problem.

When I call the function from elisp, it behaves exactly as expected (other
than occasionally failing to retrieve the page prior to returning the
buffer to me, but that's a topic for another post). The message "Story
added!" is printed and Pivotal reflects it.

When I call it interactively, however, the same message prints but the
story is not, indeed, added to Pivotal.

I verified that the arguments are the same between calls but `setq`ing a
monitor after the args are set and comparing them between runs and the
arguments are indeed exactly the same.

What could be happening here?

[the ability to create stories]:
https://github.com/timvisher/pivotal-tracker/blob/96f4ba074f79241a6861803c1d4852ffc78eeb74/pivotal-tracker.el#L384-L421