Python doc string with three double quotes

From: Scott Reynolds
Subject: Python doc string with three double quotes
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 09:48:06 -0700

Having an issue adding a doc string to my modules, functions, classes and
methods in python. I am using Emacs Prelude(
https://github.com/bbatsov/prelude). When started with --no-init-file the
behavior is not experienced.

A python doc string is surrounded by three double quotes. Like so:
"""
This is a doc string for a function.
"""

When I add the fifth ", emacs auto escapes the last two double  quotes. It
is like this:
"""
This is a doc string for the method
"\"\"

How do I prevent this from happening in python-mode ?

Turning off electric-auto-pair, changes the behavior to escaping the third
double quote instead of the 5th and 6th.

Anybody have any ideas to help me?

Thanks ahead of time!