RE: clear the kill-ring and free memory?

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: clear the kill-ring and free memory?
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2013 20:54:32 -0700 (PDT)

> > `kill-ring-max' takes care of both sets of pastables.
>
> There is also `buffers-menu-max-size', at least here in 24.3.

I don't understand.  Did you mean that it somehow affects the length
of `kill-ring' or `yank-menu'?  (I don't see where it does that.)

Or did you just mean that it is another place where one can limit the
memory used?  Yes, that could be helpful if the value is nil (no
limit).  But it is pretty small by default - just 10 buffer names.