Re: Declaring a local dynamic variable?

From: Joost Kremers
Subject: Re: Declaring a local dynamic variable?
Date: 23 Sep 2013 16:26:28 GMT

Andreas Röhler wrote:
> Am 20.09.2013 22:59, schrieb Barry Margolin:
>> This isn't a style warning. Often the reason is mistyping a local
>> variable name.
>>
>> (let ((foobar ...))
>>     (blah fobar)
>>     ...)
>>

> This is another case. IIUC there was nothing wrong with the OP's example.

Well, it would be great if the byte compiler could distinguish between
the two cases, but apparently it's not. So I guess the question comes
down to how easy/difficult would it be to implement a compiler that can?
And is it worth the resources to develop one, as opposed to using that
time & effort for some other feature? I cannot comment on the former (I
know nothing about compilers apart from how to invoke them) but my
suspicion is that the answer to the latter would tend towards "no". ;-)

--
Joost Kremers                                   joostkremers@fastmail.fm
EN:SiS(9)