Re: What are advantages and disadvantages of RMAIL and mh-rmail ?

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: What are advantages and disadvantages of RMAIL and mh-rmail ?
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2013 00:13:20 +0200

William G. Gardella <wgg2@member.fsf.org> writes:

> Something like this is all that's really needed for
> this ...

That did it. Thanks. The below code if what I can tell
complete (on my system) for sending mails from message
mode, storing them in Gnus, and reading incomming mails
in Gnus as well.

I hope I'm right :)

;;;; Gnus
(load "gnus")

;;; send mail
(load "smtpmail")
(setq smtpmail-smtp-server "smtp.uu.se")
(setq smtpmail-local-domain "student.uu.se")
(setq send-mail-function 'smtpmail-send-it)
(setq message-send-mail-function 'smtpmail-send-it)
(setq user-full-name "Emanuel Berg")

(let ((username "embe8573"))
  (setq user-mail-address
        (format "%s@%s" username smtpmail-local-domain) )
;;; read mail
  (setq mail-sources `((pop :pop "pop.uu.se"
                            :user ,username
                            :password "secret") )))

(setq gnus-secondary-select-methods
      '((nnml ""))
      mail-user-agent   'gnus-user-agent
      read-mail-command 'gnus)

;;; save sent mail
(setq gnus-message-archive-group
  '("archived-news-and-mail") )

--
Emanuel Berg - programmer (hire me! CV below)
computer projects: http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573