Re: beginner questions

From: Pascal J. Bourguignon
Subject: Re: beginner questions
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2013 14:55:50 +0200

JohnF <john@please.see.sig.for.email.com> writes:

> Yeah, I peeked at your informatimago.com homepage, and saw all
> your gpl'ed emacs tools. The asm7090 seemed especially unusual.
> I started with keypunches (and that's 026's), and ran stuff
> on the 7040 in CCNY's EE dept a long (long,...) time ago.
> But the creation date on your pjb-asm7090.el is 2005-06-04.
> Somebody still emulating that somewhere?

Indeed.  The sources of LISP 1.5 written in 7090 assembler are
available, and there's an emulator, so as a week end project when time
permits, (unfortunately not since a few years, given the amount of
competiting interests :-/), we may have fun with it.

http://www.mcjones.org/dustydecks/archives/2012/08/29/590/
http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?LispOnePointFive
http://www.softwarepreservation.org/projects/LISP/

You may perform further searches with:
http://www.masswerk.at/google60/
;-)

But on the other hand, Common Lisp let you run LISP 1.5 programs almost
unchanged, with minimal supporting code:

http://informatimago.com/develop/lisp/com/informatimago/small-cl-pgms/wang.html

For more nostalgia, you may try pjb-computer-paper.el:
M-x set-foreground-color RET black RET M-x computer-paper RET

C-u M-x computer-paper RET will ask for the modulo (number of colors)
and block (group of lines) with which to set the background lines.

--
__Pascal Bourguignon__
http://www.informatimago.com/