Re: Detect window switches?

From: Joost Kremers
Subject: Re: Detect window switches?
Date: 26 Sep 2013 02:50:53 GMT

Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> Instead of selecting a solution, all by yourself, to a problem you
> don't describe, and asking details about that solution, I suggest to
> step back one notch and describe the problem you are trying to solve.
> It is quite possible that solutions other and better than "detect a
> window switch" will be suggested.

What I'd like to do is remove a highlight from a buffer or change its
appearance when said buffer is not current, and restore it when it
becomes current again. Similar to what happens to the cursor in a window
that is not selected.

Since it's the visual effect I'm interested in, it's really only
relevant when the buffer is being displayed in a window, which is why I
asked the question this way.

I would be equally happy with a hook that is called when a buffer switch
takes place, but from what Google tells me, such a hook does not exist.

--
Joost Kremers                                   joostkremers@fastmail.fm
EN:SiS(9)