browsing files in huge projects emacs

From: anurag Ramdasan
Subject: browsing files in huge projects emacs
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2013 03:48:27 -0700 (PDT)

Hey,

I have been using Vim for a while although I would shift to E..macs for
Org-mode and Slime. When I end up working on a huge project with hundreds or
even thousands of files, I found the nerdtree vim plugin to be the best thing
to suit my ways. Also I find dired a little difficult to browse through.

So when I recently gave thoughts to completely moving to emacs, I couldn't find
anything as good as Nerdtree. I did find dirtree but it didn't seem as easy to
use as nerdtree. This made me wonder, how do most emacs users navigate through
huge projects? Is there some common practice or some plugin that I haven't
heard of yet? Also I use both vim and emacs from the terminal and not the GUI
client.

Thanks.
- AR.