Re: What are advantages and disadvantages of RMAIL and mh-rmail ?

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: What are advantages and disadvantages of RMAIL and mh-rmail ?
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2013 05:17:44 +0200

wgreenhouse@riseup.net (W. Greenhouse) writes:

> If you have old mail in an RMAIL file, you can open
> the entire RMAIL file in Gnus with G f
> (`gnus-group-make-doc-group')

Yes, this creates a group with the same name as the
RMAIL file, unfortunately, the group only shows the
*first* message in the RMAIL file, and even that, in a
strange way (*three* times, threaded, with the same
message, though "filled" differently).

Perhaps my RMAIL file is not "sound"? (But, rmail
processes it correctly.)

> and "respool" it with M P a (mark all) and B r
> (respool).  This will make your nnml setup re-process
> all of that mail as if it were brand new from the
> server, and it will be automatically incorporated and
> the .overview file regenerated.

Yes, this works. (But the above problem makes it work
only for a single mail.)

--
Emanuel Berg - programmer (hire me! CV below)
computer projects: http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573