Re: Shell scripting mode

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: Shell scripting mode
Date: Wed, 09 Oct 2013 16:18:24 +0200

adrianml@alumnos.upm.es (Adrián Martínez Larumbe) writes:

> Since I use emacs for all of my code editing tasks, I wanted to turn
> it into my environment of choice for developing bash shell
> scripts. However, the major mode that ships with emacs seems fairly
> feature-limited, and I was wondering if anybody knows any replacements
> that would somehow mimic what vim users enjoy with this extension:
>
> http://vim.sourceforge.net/scripts/script.php?script_id=365

I have never used that vim extension, but looking at the screenshots it
seems to be mostly about templates for different kinds of comments,
headers, and control structures.  You can have that (without being
specific to shell scripts) using yasnippets [1], or one of the built-in
methods discussed in (info "(autotype)Top").

Bye,
Tassilo

[1] https://github.com/capitaomorte/yasnippet