Re: x-selection-value slow with primary selection

From: Allan Streib
Subject: Re: x-selection-value slow with primary selection
Date: Wed, 09 Oct 2013 11:41:27 -0400

Damien Wyart <damien.wyart@free.fr> writes:

> You can try:
>
>   (setq yank-excluded-properties t)

Thanks. I tried that and found that it didn't make any real difference,
so it maybe isn't an issue of the text properties.

I looked at the code for the x-selection-value function, and found that
it is checking both the X Clipboard and the X Primary selection text,
and that this can be controlled by the x-select-enable-clipboard and
x-select-enable-primary variables. Since I almost always want to use the
Primary selection, I set this in my .emacs and have found great
improvement:

(setq
  x-select-enable-clipboard nil
  x-select-enable-primary t)