Re: contractor resources for emacs extension development

From: Pascal J. Bourguignon
Subject: Re: contractor resources for emacs extension development
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2013 20:10:06 +0200

ckhan <charleykhan@gmail.com> writes:

> I would like to hire help writing an emacs extension
>
> - it would be something that is generally useful, not specific to a
> particular usecase or 3rd party integration/company (essentially, a new kind
> of outline mode)
>
> - the resulting work would be freely available and open source (GPL)
>
> Searching the usual outsourcing sites (elance, odesk, etc.) turn up
> very few hits for keywords like "emacs" or "elisp". Does anyone have
> any suggestions for how to find folks that might be up for this kind
> of work? Alternatively, if I took a crude first stab at it myself and
> put it up on github, how could I use cash to grease development?
>
> Any suggestions, comments appreciated.

Well, a few months ago there was a discussion on LinkedIn about job
offers asking for emacs or emacs lisp.

http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=87879&trk=vsrp_groups_res_name&trkInfo=VSRPsearchId%3A241035961382033246381%2CVSRPtargetId%3A87879%2CVSRPcmpt%3Aprimary

I guess if you searched for emacs and programming skills in such a
database, you could find possible candidates.

But as for any specialized skill, keywords searches may not work too
well, so it's probably here you have the best chances of find an emacs
lisp consultant.

You may contact me by email with further information, I may be available
soon for such a task.
--
__Pascal Bourguignon__
http://www.informatimago.com/