Re: making software with Emacs and Elisp

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: making software with Emacs and Elisp
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2013 03:12:51 +0200

Barry OReilly <gundaetiapo@gmail.com> writes:

>> I have several ideas for software that has to do with
>> physical things, and does not belong in the world of
>> computing. For example, I'm working on a tool to
>> teach deaf people read lips! (Not "Lisp".)
>>
>> Is there a minimal binary Emacs VM for the accursed
>> Apple and Windows world, that you could distribute
>> along with the software, or is there another way you
>> could make all that work?
>
> Having an Emacs that can run outside the world of
> computing could be difficult.

Tools that deal with computers are ready to ship the
moment they work on your on system. But if I make a tool
for fishers, I don't demand that they are fluent in
Unix. On the contrary, I'd be happy if they use my
software on whatever system.

> You could start by looking at the butterfly function
> though.

There *is* such a function, it seems like a joke though.

Unless I'm wrong, your post wasn't helpful.

--
Emanuel Berg, programmer-for-rent. CV, projects, etc at uXu
underground experts united:  http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573