Re: Why emacs rendering is slow when encountering long lines?

From: Jiaxin Cao
Subject: Re: Why emacs rendering is slow when encountering long lines?
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2013 03:25:30 -0700 (PDT)

On Sunday, October 20, 2013 1:00:45 PM UTC+8, Jiaxin Cao wrote:
> When I open a file containing long lines, it is not smooth to scroll up and
> down, even if the file is not large.
>

> Does anyone know how to configure emacs to make it smoother?

Specifically, scroll-down is way worse than scroll-up.

I did a little test for it. A single scroll up takes about 15ms to finish,
while a scroll down takes about 50ms.

So if you press down pageup to trigger consecutive scroll-downs, the screen
will basically not respond to anything.

Anyone can explain why?