Re: Use Emacs to compose emails for Gmail web interface

From: James Freer
Subject: Re: Use Emacs to compose emails for Gmail web interface
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2013 17:36:32 +0100

On 10/20/13, Menelaos Maglis <mmaglis@metacom.gr> wrote:
> Jorge <1gato0a@gmail.com> writes:
>

>> It would be better if Gmail worked with the Firefox extension `It's all
>> text',
>> which it used to; but since Gmail moved to the "new compose experience"
>> it
>> doesn't work anymore.

Yes it does. Well... the recent change from last week end allows it
too - that's when I noticed it. I didn't like the standard interface
and thus use the Basic html one. I have the Gmelius addon which gets
rid of the adverts.

The basic html is similar to the old one... Firefox's ItsAllText works
perfectly with emacs as the editor. I didn't like 'new compose
experience' at all but like the setup I've got now. I use the UI for
email as it has the conversations which is excellent for lists, and
use Alpine remotely for other email addresses.

Try it.

james