outorg-edit-as-org and mu4e (Was: contractor resources for emacs extensi

From: Alan Schmitt
Subject: outorg-edit-as-org and mu4e (Was: contractor resources for emacs extension development)
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 14:05:58 +0200

Alan Schmitt <alan.schmitt@polytechnique.org> writes:

> I think I found the problem, looking at the code for
> outorg-edit-as-org. It seems that you explicitly check for
> message-mode, but I write my email using mu4e, and then the major mode
> is mu4e-compose-mode. Is there a way to apply
> 'outorg-prepare-message-mode-buffer-for-editing' for other modes than
> message mode? (Editing the code seems to be the only way I see.)

Sorry to reply to myself, but how about replacing

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
  (and (eq major-mode 'message-mode)
       (outorg-prepare-message-mode-buffer-for-editing))
#+end_src

on lines 719-720 of outorg.el by

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
  (and (derived-mode-p 'message-mode)
       (outorg-prepare-message-mode-buffer-for-editing))
#+end_src

I think it would work with mu4e-compose-mode.

Alan