Re: w3m duckduckgo as default search engine next page

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: w3m duckduckgo as default search engine next page
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2013 01:10:27 +0200

<yggdrasil@gmx.co.uk> writes:

> I am looking to change w3m default search engine to be
> something else than google in trying to break the
> addiction, and duckduckgo seems a viable option.

I did some w3m hacking, and the biggest part of it was
setting up an interface, that would be the same all over
Emacs and for all different search engines and otherwise
search sites, and that would work on the region, or the
word at point (as the default suggestion). It includes
Google, The Pirate Bay, YouTube, and the Wikipedia (as
it is, in my file) but the idea is that it should be the
same for all search engines. You just need their search
string pattern put into a defun like the ones I did. Let
me know if you ever try it :)

http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573/conf/.emacs-w3m

--
Emanuel Berg, programmer-for-rent. CV, projects, etc at uXu
underground experts united:  http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573