Re: w3m duckduckgo as default search engine next page

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: w3m duckduckgo as default search engine next page
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2013 09:18:25 +0800

<yggdrasil@gmx.co.uk> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I am looking to change w3m default search engine to be something else
> than google in trying to break the addiction, and duckduckgo seems a
> viable option.
>
> I googled (...) for experiences and found
>
> ,----
> | (require 'w3m-search)
> |
> | (setq w3m-search-default-engine "duckduckgo")
> | ;; (setq w3m-search-default-engine "google")
> |
> | (add-to-list 'w3m-search-engine-alist '("duckduckgo"
> "http://duckduckgo.com/?q=%s"; nil))
> `----
>
> This makes duckduckgo the default search engine, however the nifty
> feature of goinf to the next page of search resuts by SPC doesn't
> work. Is it possible to make this smoother?

That's not a w3m thing, that's provided by the web page in question.
Google provides nice rel="next|prev" links, and SPC in w3m is bound to a
command that will scroll the buffer, or follow a "next" link if you're
at the bottom of the buffer and there is such a link.

If the site doesn't provide next/prev, there's not much w3m can do, at
least not out of the box.