What is the difference between forward-list and forward-sexp?

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: What is the difference between forward-list and forward-sexp?
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2013 15:40:02 +0100

Hi all,

the subject says it all.  A simple test (involving two *very* simple
cases) didn't show any difference.  The source code is quite similar,
and (at least if forward-sexp-function is undefined) the difference
boils down to calling scan-lists or scan-sexps.  These in turn are
defined in the C source code, which I don't have on my disk (and I'm
not fluent in C, so the source code wouldn't help me very much anyway).

Best,

--
Marcin Borkowski
Adam Mickiewicz University