Re: Precompiled Emacs

From: Johan Andersson
Subject: Re: Precompiled Emacs
Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2013 20:59:26 +0100

I've read the instructions in INSTALL, which are very good. I tried and did
a build with:

$ ./configure --prefix emacs-install --without-all --without-x
$ make boostrap
$ make install

The installation works just fine on the system it was built on, but when I
move that installation to another machine, I get messages such as:

Warning: arch-dependent data dir
(/home/rejeep/emacs-install/libexec/emacs/24.3/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/)
does not exist.
Warning: arch-independent data dir
(/home/rejeep/emacs-install/share/emacs/24.3/etc/) does not exist.
Warning: Lisp directory `/home/rejeep/emacs-install/share/emacs/24.3/lisp'
does not exist.
Warning: Lisp directory `/home/rejeep/emacs-install/share/emacs/24.3/leim'
does not exist.
Error: charsets directory not found:
/home/rejeep/emacs-install/share/emacs/24.3/etc/charsets
Emacs will not function correctly without the character map files.
Please check your installation!