Re: Fire defun by typing keyword

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: Fire defun by typing keyword
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2013 22:12:35 +0100

Emanuel Berg wrote:

> But, apart from inserting the date, I don't know what to
> do with this newfound input method. That's always the
> case with my great ideas, I only find but a few use
> cases for each...

You could enter the appropriate greeting for the time of day: Good
morning, Good afternoon, etc.

for (int i=0; i<10; i++) {
    _
}

You could create an abbrev that reads a type (int), a variable (i), an
initial value (0), a final value (10), and then produces the above,
where _ indicates the position of the cursor.

You could create an abbrev that sends the mail your are writing :-)

Just some thoughts.

Kai