Re: Fire defun by typing keyword

From: Rustom Mody
Subject: Re: Fire defun by typing keyword
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2013 17:16:48 -0800 (PST)

On Thursday, November 7, 2013 4:02:55 AM UTC+5:30, Emanuel Berg wrote:
> Rustom Mody writes:

> > Well APL was conceived on that basis: every
> > important/core concept was a keystroke away.

> Cool, never heard of APL!

> > And Iverson won the Turing award for that:
> > http://www.jdl.ac.cn/turing/pdf/p444-iverson.pdf

> Ha ha ha, so now you know who that award really belongs
> to :D

> Thanks, get back to you when I've read that article.

BTW Gnu-Apl has been recently released http://www.gnu.org/software/apl/
Is fun to have at your side and try out the Iverson paper examples

Only issue is the keyboard: the site suggests an xmodmap solution -- makes emacs
practically unusable.

However on modern X-windows something like shell command
$ setxkbmap -layout "us,apl" -variant ",sax" -option "grp:alt_shift_toggle"
will let you input apl

I dont expect you can use it without X!!