stdio access to the Emacs REPL

From: Alex Bennée
Subject: stdio access to the Emacs REPL
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2013 11:40:32 +0000

Hi,

I'm looking at replacing/augmenting the current xmlrpc method used by
Edit with Emacs on Chrome to communicate with the edit-server.
Chrome(ium) now provides a new native message API which offers a simpler
stdio based access:

http://developer.chrome.com/extensions/messaging.html#native-messaging

I was wondering if there is anyway to hook a line based stdio link into
a running emacs session. Something like:

emacsclient -t -e "(eshell)"

But without any of the extra display gubbins. All I want is something
that I can write an sexp to and then process the response on stdout.

Any ideas?

--
Alex Bennée