Re: Gnus state, feed commands

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Gnus state, feed commands
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2013 19:31:49 +0100

Bastien <bzg@altern.org> writes:

>> I'm thinking, wouldn't it be cool if you never had
>> to check for mails, instead Emacs did that, and then
>> told you "you have 5 mails" in the mode line?
>
> I use `display-time-mail-string'

I don't seem to have that. It sounds like a
variable. (I don't have it as a variable or a
function.)

> which simply displays a string when you have new
> mails -- that's enough for my needs, but maybe you
> need something fancier.

Probably :) No, serious, I will check out all the work
on this before starting to work myself, of course. If
it is there, I'll be happy to use it. Result is what
matters, not who did it.

--
Emanuel Berg, programmer-for-rent. CV, projects, etc at uXu
underground experts united:  http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573