Face Off Pacquiao Rios

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Face Off Pacquiao Rios
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2013 16:13:39 +0100

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8k916GihfSs

I love Pacquiao! Pacquiao is 34, and Ríos is 27. But
Pacquiao sounds like a wise elder who had a hard time
not being dragged down to Ríos boxing "mentally och
physically" blaha blaha. But I suppose Ríos is OK,
though not in any way (mentally or physically!) on
Pacquiao's level.

Ríos told us about his amateur career. I think he
exaggerated just a bit, but yeah, he has an amazing
record of 230-35. The way he fights, you would never
suspect that, but it shows once more that 1) there is
not one "amateur style" but as many as in the
professional game, and 2) the best athlete doesn't
always win in boxing, far from it.

Ríos also says he did weight-lifting prior to the
Alvarado fight, and that this hindered him. Probably,
he got tired faster than he usually does, and he
couldn't get off and throw punches with any fluidity
because his body had to an extent "locked".

Well, if you want power for the looping shots (all
swings, and also to a lesser degree the hooks and
uppercuts), you *should* do weight-lifting, but 3-5
repetitions, and explosive, with *lots* of weights on:
BAM BAM BAM, just like punching. Because for such
punches, you throw your entire body into the punch, and
speed is less important. You need to get explosive
(which, confusingly, will give you speed as well). As
for *straight punches*, speed and fluidity is so
important, both to land and to get whatever power you
can, so no, looking like a bodybuilder won't help.

--
Emanuel Berg, programmer-for-rent. CV, projects, etc at uXu
underground experts united:  http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573