Re: Font in mode line

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Font in mode line
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2013 18:57:54 +0200

> From: Francesco Mazzoli <f@mazzo.li>
> Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2013 16:15:35 +0000 (UTC)
>
> I'm trying to set "8x13" (one of the fonts shipped with X) to be the font in
> my mode line.
>
> If I start emacs using `emacs -Q', and then execute
>
>     (set-face-attribute 'mode-line nil :font "8x13")
>
> The font is rendered wrongly: <http://i.imgur.com/QUHaWnj.png>.  Note that
> the buffer id appears differently because it follows the `mode-line-buffer-
> id' face, if I set that to use 8x13 too that is rendered wrongly as well.

By "wrongly" you mean that it looks like a different font was actually
used?  Because I cannot see anything wrong with the display shown in
that screenshot.

If the font seems to be the problem, then please use format-mode-line
to format a line of text using that font, then type "C-u C-x =" on one
of the characters that are rendered incorrectly, and see which font
was actually used for its display.  That might give a clue about
what's going on.