How to preprocess emacsclient with a mode choice?

From: Rustom Mody
Subject: How to preprocess emacsclient with a mode choice?
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2013 06:48:46 -0800 (PST)

If I want to jump-into a running emacs with visiting file foo I can do:
$ emacsclient foo

However this does not give me foo with the mode I want.
Lets say I want to visit foo with auto-fill-mode. So I try

$ emacsclient -e "(let ((find-file-hook (cons 'auto-fill-mode find-file-hook)))
(find-file \"foo\"))"

This kindof works but does not pop up the emacs window.

How to get pop-up behavior of first with the mode-choice of second?