Re: Why is Emacs so slow when used remotely?

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: Why is Emacs so slow when used remotely?
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2013 22:53:33 +0100

Am 28.11.2013 um 20:48 schrieb Bob Proulx:

> So when you say that it has problems with characters outside of the
> US-ASCII range my immediate thought was everything is graphical and
> what does the character range have to do with it?  It is all just
> pixels at that point.

I don't think that pressing a key is a bunch of pixels – I mean outside of a
virtual reality, that what some folks call real life.

I think of installing TigerVNC and TightVNC, which both need (Real?)VNC to be
installed.

--
Greetings

  Pete

They're putting dimes in the hole in my head to see the change in me.