Re: ispell: The file "/usr/lib/aspell/german" can not be opened for read

From: Karl Voit
Subject: Re: ispell: The file "/usr/lib/aspell/german" can not be opened for reading.
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2013 17:11:43 +0100

* Peter Dyballa <Peter_Dyballa@Web.DE> wrote:

> Am 01.12.2013 um 11:48 schrieb Karl Voit:
>
>> Yes, there is no "/usr/lib/aspell/german". However, I was
>> wondering, why Emacs is looking for .../aspell/german and not
>> .../aspell/german8?
>
> Maybe you need to tell ispell/aspell that you want to use the
> "german8" ispell-dictionary…
>
> Your code just informs ispell/aspell how to treat particular
> characters and how the spelling checker will be invoked. What's
> left to specify is the (default) dictionary.

I thought that "(setq flyspell-default-dictionary "german8")" is
defining my default language I want to use.

Additionally, in most of my files, I got local variables like

    (setq flyspell-default-dictionary "german8")

As I switch between files and languages quite often (american,
british, german), I tend to use those file-variables to set the
current language.

Therefore, I guess that missing language definition is not my issue,
isn't it?

--
All in all, one of the most disturbing things today is the definitive
fact that the NSA, GCHQ, and many more government organizations are