Re: Set org-file-apps to open a *.doc file under linux with Word ?

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Set org-file-apps to open a *.doc file under linux with Word ?
Date: Wed, 04 Dec 2013 23:10:53 +0100

AW <alexander.willand@t-online.de> writes:

> Wrong list! Sorry for the noise!

Well, there might be an even better list, but I don't
think this is OT on this list, on the contrary. I never
used wine, but did you try any of the Open, Libre, or
Star Office word processors? I don't know because I
don't use them but one would suspect they are capable
of doing transparent edits to Word documents. That way
you don't have to worry about wine.

--
Emanuel Berg, programmer-for-rent. CV, projects, etc at uXu
underground experts united:  http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573