Using ffap to open paths relative to a different directory

From: Evan Driscoll
Subject: Using ffap to open paths relative to a different directory
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2013 14:53:54 -0600

At my place of work, for our C/C++ projects we have a directory
structure such as:

  src
   +--- dir1
   |      +---- subdir1
   |               +---- library.h
   +--- dir2
          +---- prog.c

where source and headers are in the same directory (though that
doesn't really matter for this question).

We "always" provide full include paths relative to src/, so for
example if src/dir2/prog.c needs to include library.h, it will say

   #include "dir1/subdir1/library.h"

and then the files will be compiled with src/ in the include paths.

The problem is that ffap doesn't work on these paths, presumably
because it looks for dir1/subdir1/library.h relative to src/dir2 (the
location of the file that contains that line). Is there a way I can
configure it with a set of directories (really even a single directory
would be sufficient) to get it to work nicely in our environment? Or
an alternative to ffap that will do so?

Thanks,
Evan