Re: help-gnu-emacs Digest, Vol 133, Issue 16

From: Andrey Tykhonov
Subject: Re: help-gnu-emacs Digest, Vol 133, Issue 16
Date: Sun, 08 Dec 2013 05:58:29 +0200

> Date: Sat, 07 Dec 2013 09:06:50 +0100
> From: "Sebastien Vauban" <sva-news@mygooglest.com>
> To: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
> Subject: Rename Shell buffer with current directory
>
> Hello,

I don't see any reason why your code doesn't work. I'm new in emacs and
many things are new for me....

But I would like to suggest you using the following code:

(defun add-mode-line-dirtrack ()
  (add-to-list 'mode-line-buffer-identification
                   '(:propertize (" " default-directory " ") face
dired-directory)
  )
)
(add-hook 'shell-mode-hook 'add-mode-line-dirtrack)

This code displays current directory in the shell's modeline.

If this code is not suitable for you then I would like to suggest to
bind RET to the your function `my-rename-to-curdir`. Then your function
could has (rename-buffer <...>) call as it has and also
(comint-send-input) (`commint-send-input` is currently binded to RET in
mine emacs):

(defun my-rename-to-curdir ()
  (interactive)
  (comint-send-input)
  (rename-buffer (concat "*shell " default-directory "*"))
)

(define-key shell-mode-map [remap comint-send-input] 'my-rename-to-curdir)

Best regards,
Andrey