Re: select text without moving the point in graphical interface

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: select text without moving the point in graphical interface
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2013 18:20:14 +0200

> Date: Sun, 8 Dec 2013 21:17:53 -0800 (PST)
> From: Drew Adams <drew.adams@oracle.com>
>
> At least with `emacs -Q -nw' on MS Windows 7, for me, `C-h k' does
> not seem to recognize any mouse actions.

It should.  Sometimes the first mouse click in a -nw session is
misreported by Windows, so the first time you might need to click
twice.  If that doesn't work either, then either (a) you click on an
area where a mouse click is not bound to any command, or (b) you have
the "Quick Edit" option checked in the Properties of the command
prompt window.  In the latter case, uncheck it and try again.

> Perhaps you have an answer for the real request, as well?

No, sorry.  (I don't really use the mouse for text selection.)